Furnace Repair In Charlotte, NC
We Repair Furnaces, Heat Pumps, and Other Heating Systems!
Is your heater not working as efficiently as it should be? Don't get left in the cold! Parks Heating, Cooling & Plumbing has more than 40 years of experience in the HVAC industry and our technicians know how to work quickly and efficiently to get your heating system working again as soon as possible. We are experts at diagnosing and repairing problems with all types of heater and furnace systems throughout Charlotte and the surrounding areas. Time is of the essence, which is why we strive to eliminate any unnecessary downtime while performing your heating repair.
Take a look at what our customers have to say about us and see why we are Charlotte's most trusted furnace repair company. No matter how big or small your heating problem is, our team of experts will go above and beyond to ensure the optimal functioning of your heating system. Contact us to learn more about what we can do to make your home a better and more comfortable place for you today!
Broken heater? Call Parks Heating, Cooling & Plumbing right away at (704) 313-1443 for heating repairs in Charlotte!
How Long Does A Furnace Last?
The lifespan of your furnace system will depend on a couple of factors. On average, a furnace will last 15-20 years.
Here are a couple of things that you can do to extend the lifespan of your furnace:
- Routine maintenance service: It's suggested that you get a furnace tune-up at least once a year, preferably in the fall. Fall is the best time for a tune-up because it's right before the colder months and can help to prepare for the months that you are essentially using your furnace.
- Replacing your furnace filters: The best thing to do is change your furnace filter as soon as it's dirty. Doing so will help your furnace work at optimal levels and will enhance longevity.
- Install a programmable thermostat: Doing so can help to prevent unnecessary heating and improve efficiency.
If you have any questions regarding the lifespan of your current furnace, don't hesitate to reach out to us! Our team of furnace experts is here to help.
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
There are a number of different reasons heating systems fail, from faulty parts to dust caught up inside the equipment. The most obvious sign of a malfunctioning heater is one that doesn't work at all. However, there are more minor signs that you can look out for that indicate a need for repair. Knowing these signs may help you eliminate the need for more involved repairs by allowing you to catch relatively minor issues early on.
Common signs your heating system needs repair:
- Strange noises coming from the system - if you notice odd sounds such as banging, clattering, or clicking coming out from your ductwork every time you turn your heater on, this could be an indication that you have a problem with your heating system. We recommend you have a professional come take a look to ensure no further damage happens.
- Constant cycling on and off - most heating systems will cycle on for approximately 15 minutes before turning back off. If your system starts the cycle but turns back off, the heater is short cycling. This is a major indication that your heater needs repair.
- Cold air coming out of the system - one of the most obvious signs that your heater needs repair comes from the furnace blowing cold air instead of warm.
- Thermostat problems - if the thermostat screen is blank you may just need to change the batteries. You can also check to make sure the circuit breaker hasn't tripped. If you have checked both of these things and are still having issues, give Parks Heating, Cooling & Plumbing a call!
- Unusual odors emitting from the unit - it is not uncommon for heating systems to smell slightly dusty the first time you kick them on for the season. However, if you are noticing a strange smell that doesn't dissipate after a few hours this could be an indication that there is something wrong with your unit.
- Higher than normal energy bills - if you've noticed a sudden, dramatic spike in your utility bill, your heater is probably not working as efficiently as it should be.
If you notice any of the above symptoms, be sure to reach out to Parks Heating, Cooling & Plumbing right away for service! We also offer preventative maintenance services to help keep repair service calls to a minimum. Annual heating maintenance is something many homeowners often skip, but regularly scheduled maintenance services not only help extend the lifespan of your furnace or heater, but it also reduces costs on monthly utilities by helping your systems work more efficiently!
- Shifting Weather Patterns and Smart Thermostats
- Is a Wi-Fi Thermostat For Me
- What Is the Difference Between Auxiliary Heat & Emergency Heat?
Call us at (704) 313-1443 or contact us online for professional heating repair in Charlotte, NC, and beyond!